running feet

running feet
Running feet. These aren't mine.

Monday 11 April 2011

I just wanna sing!

So, after a fairly long night with a sick two-year old, I was tired this morning, and had to force myself out at lunchtime for the run I'd already put off from the weekend. As ever, once you make the effort it's worth it, and I set to thinking about an I for my blog.

By the time I'd completed my four miles I'd sketched out an idea about intensity of effort and incremental improvement. Something about an analogy between running, blogging and a metaphor for life; you can't reach the stars every time you run/blog/take part in some undefined activity.

To be honest though I wasn't really feeling it fully. And as I got back into the office I realised why - my ipod was halfway through my favourite track on Radiohead's OK Computer, No Surprises, and I had to bite my tongue to stop from singing out loud (something about being professional means you're not allowed to do that kind of stuff or something). And it struck me: incremental improvement, shrincremental improvement, I just wanna sing! For now, I'll leave it to the professionals:



Running log
Distance: 4 miles
Pace: A little shy of 9 minute miles.
Location: Bristol harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment